Thursday, November 22, 2012

christmas is just around the corner


I always pass by this corner at the other side of the road after work. It used to be a tailoring shop and now it is been closed for years. The space right outside that shop was converted into a fruitstand. Other than that, it is a corner I dread because I am scared to walk across the intersection of that area. You see, it is a busy highway and big trucks pass there. Eventhough there is a pedestrian lane, it still scares me out of my wits!



One night while I walked on my way to my boarding house, my eyes were drawn to that same corner. It was full of lights, blinking harmoniously. I stood still for seconds to appreciate the beauty it exhibits. Then I said to myself, "well it is beginning to look a lot like Christmas around here." And yes, the fruitstand was replaced with lighted christmas decorations display. It was such an attraction for the motorists that they usually slow down their speed to enjoy the view. Some would even really stop to take their time asking and negotiating with the seller.





As I continued walking, I took another glance at the colorful display of lights. I could not help but smile at the thought of that idiomatic expression "Christmas is just around the corner"... Indeed, it is coming very soon... And literally based on what I have seen, is just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment